Know Good Health When You See It
A dog that is fed a well-balanced, home prepared diet rich in beneficial nutrients shows many recognizable signs of good health. These include:
- Healthy Coat that is soft and shiny and doesn't mat easily
- Little or no doggy odor
- Abundant energy
- Strong immune system - which keeps him/her healthy
- Brightness, a sparkle in thier eyes and a sense that she is enjoying life.
- Well-muscled body - fit and trim
- Well-formed Stool that is not voluminous and is easily produced, with no straining.
Problems associated with low quality diets
- Skin odor, itching
- Dull, greasy coat, usually with dandruff
- Suseptibility to generalized infections,such as ear or skin infections that become chronic
- Thin undernourished appearance
- Low energy level
- Voluminous stool