Try this easy-to-make baked pumpkin or winter squash treat- packed with nutrition - dogs LOVE this!
- Cut the pumpkin or winter squash into pieces and discard the stem section, seeds and stringy pulp.
- Rub the surfaces with olive oil
- In a shallow baking dish, place the pieces face down and cover with foil.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) oven for about 1½ hours for a medium-sized sugar pumpkin, or until tender.
- Once the baked pumpkin has cooled, scoop out the flesh and puree or mash it.
Pumpkin is also a good source of Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol), Thiamin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Iron, Magnesium and Phosphorus, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Riboflavin, Potassium, Copper and Manganese.